11/1/07

Mick Hannah Press Release



FROM THE MAN HIMSELF:
Press Release, 02 Nov 2008: Michael Hannah - 2008 Ride Plans

Michael Hannah has asked me to release the following to the MTB press:

"It seems that some of the MTB media have picked up on a media release regarding my 2008 plans and my relationship with Cannondale. Unfortunately a lot of the postings have contained inaccuracies and have left me in a position where I feel I have to set the record straight.

First of all my contract with Cannondale is still current until the end of the year and I have full intentions to honour that as Cannondale has always done the right thing by me.

Some time ago, Cannondale approached me with a plan for 2008. They left the ball in my court to decide on things and considering my time with Cannondale has been nothing but enjoyable, I really did think this was my future riding home. I could not make a decision by my deadline so I chose to let the offer go. To be honest nothing has really changed at all other than the fact that I have some opportunities arising at home and I am a little tired of traveling. I have been out riding for a number of years now, and even with the great support the Daniel (Hespeler), Rory (Mason) and all the rest of the Cannondale crew have always given me, I have found myself asking whether this is what I want to be doing next year (and perhaps beyond). I have always been a rider who likes to give 100% at every event and at this stage I am unsure of my future and Cannondale is not a company that deserves less than 100% from their riders.

My biggest regret is in not being able to put this into the proper words for those who have supported me, particularly Cannondale, and thus letting a situation be created where their brand could be hurt in anyway. I was stupid to share my thoughts with someone without explaining it properly or fully and the industry being what it is the next thing I know all of you are writing about my leaving Cannondale.

I want to state two things very clearly - I am not actively looking for another team although I have been approached AND I have never been happier with a bike than I have been with the Judge. To be honest guys, some of the waffle that I have seen written on the various forums is just not true. I have at this stage no plans for 2008 and do not intend actively looking for anything until I am sure in my own mind and heart that this is what I want to be doing. I want to spend more quality time with Hannah and my family for starters.

I would like to thank Cannondale for their awesome support and all of my other sponsors for their kind words - and in particular all of the people who have written about their disappointment in my perhaps not riding in the World Cup in 2008. This will not be the last you all see of me at that level - but it just might be in a different way in the future. Thanks to all of you."

Any queries should be directed to Michael.

Gavin Donehue

General Manager

Freesport Management

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home