10/24/07

Back to the Drawing Board.


Now my somewhat feeble understanding of the birthing process of a product includes a step where it is presented to the target demographic to seek approval. I believe the step is number 72 out of the 94 step process. This process made popular by the book "Salesman of the Century" by Ron Popeil. That great book and all its valuable secrets never made it to the hands of the employees at T.H.E. Many sites have been praising the latest offerings of goods to be released, not Jeru! Jeru takes personal offense at all products that are unworthy.

This helmet bag...First it looks like the blood pressure machine in the grocery store I used to play with when being yelled at by my mama. It fails not because of the "flava-ful" or "played" pattern that it sports, not even the jingle jangle of those bulky ass zippers. It fails for two reasons. (1) The relief under the visor, are we shaving weight fellas? Oh, I see we want passers by to whisper under breathe "he has go a legit THE full face helmet in that designer satchel." That ain't happening, more like "what is with the busted ass purse, sweetie?" (2)They didn't stop there a voice from some cubicle screamed out "don't forget the celly!" And they attached a CELL PHONE HOLSTER to the bag, because when you are sporting that sac around town, you must be connected to all the fellas...How in the world could they justify placing a cell phone holster on the strap. All it needs now is a little clear plastic holder for my bus pass.

Taken from there site:
THE VISION We are committed to developing the best and most innovative products in the industry. This dedication pushes us to the edge, and very often we are the only ones out there. "We Like It That Way". We are proud of the fact we listen to enthusiast everywhere, and work very hard with the world's top pros to develop and test new ideas. This effort allows us to deliver fresh new products like you've never seen before, products that fill the need and bridge the gap left by the rest of the industry.

GrandMaster said it best: "Don't push me, 'cause I'm close to the edge / I'm trying not to lose my head"


Now the hoodie...
I can get with the quilted look, really can. The full zip on the other hand is a stretch, all the new
kids at lunch way be rockin the full zip, not this guy. The full zip is one thing, the grommets for your eyes and mouth though are a completely different avenue. Maybe if you were waiting in line at the bus with symtex strapped to your jelly parts and the aspirations of eternity on your mind. Either way, poor execution my friend, poor execution. Send one to Mr. Lucas, I'm sure he'll love it.

Back to the drawing board.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger dav idantho nysmith said...

Yo,
Your word magic keeps me in stitches.
-ds

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - I am definitely happy to find this. Good job!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home