4/18/07

Myles Rockwell


Is awesome.
I had the pleasure of sharing a flight with the man from Salt Lake to Monterey. He was willing to entertain my curiosity surrounding 90's DH racing for a good chunk of the flight, which I enjoyed completely.
Myles had two gigs running at Sea Otter this year. The first, which he seemed really psyched on, was coaching a kid who's racing DH. (Imagine Myles meeting you at the top to walk the track–when you're 19...) The coaching thing is cool, he wants it to be one on one, as opposed to the 'camp' style offered by the other guys. He broke it down along the lines of 'one rider at a time, stay at my house, ride my trails with me.'
Sounds pretty good, eh?
His second gig involved something Cannondale was doing about the history of suspension–which may have just been Doug Dalton pulling a few bikes out of the garage. Considering the caliber of riders piloting those bikes though, I'd have to say that display was pretty poignant.
Myles couldn't be a more down to earth fellow, especially considering the man's unmatched accomplishments in American downhill racing.
And yes, he's still riding that same Giant. (I HAD to confirm that one.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home