5/8/06

World Cups and Customer Service.




Vigo, Spain, site of the first World Cup race of the season. Mick Hannah pulls his first World Cup win! Syndicate team members Nathan Rennie and Steve Peat fill the 2 and 3 spot. Dashing Brits Marc Beaumont and Gee Atherton take the 4 and 5. A lot of crashes to report on sadly as Vanessa Quinn of the Dirt Team has possibly broken both bones in her lower arm. Eric Carter was off to the hospital; Lopes crashed out and had to go as well, karma maybe? Greg Minnaar crashed out of the race run! Yeah that was the same thing I said, is this the end of days?



I was there. I saw the bike but I did not look at it that closely. The red Intense "Uzzi" was really not an Uzzi; it was a 6.6 with the travel of the Uzzi and the geometry of the M3. Franken-Bike? I'm down! You here that Steber! Make me one, I ain't too picky, I'll rock the red one. Will it be production or just another carrot dangling in front of the stubborn donkey that is the consumer. It looks good, with the exception of ye olde forke of sketch, mounted to the front of it. They make some kick ass bikes but they have dwindled in the customer service aspect. With Nick Sunseri moving on to Chumba Wumba Racing, his replacement is not nearly as capable, a little chip on the shoulder with the “I am better than you, you just don’t know it yet” attitude. He is what we call in this industry a “Dick”, and yes that is capitalized. Not his fault. It is just bikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home