Undergound music label, Stone's Throw is celebrating their ten year anniversary with a double CD. The full Stone' Throw catalog will be represented giving you a varitable cornucopia of head noddin tunes. You can pick it up via itunes or buy the real plastic at your local "We dont give a shit about mainstream" music retailer. Holla!
1. Jaylib - The Red
2. Peanut Butter Wolf - In Your Area feat. Planet Asia
3. Quasimoto - Low Class Conspiracy
4. Madvillain - America's Most Blunted
5. J Dilla - Two Can Win
6. Wildchild - Knicknack feat. Percee P and M.E.D.
7. Cut Chemist & M.E.D. - Blind Man
8. Fabulous Souls - Take me
9. Co-Real Artists - What about you?
10. Charizma & PB Wolf - My World Premiere (12 Version)
11. M.E.D. - Bang Ya Head
12. Oh No - Move Pt. 2, feat. J Dilla and Roc C
13. Madlib - The Payback
14. Dudley Perkins - Falling
15. Kazi - A.v.e.r.a.g.e.
16. Koushik - Be With
17. Yesterdays New Quintet - Sunrays
18. Aloe Blacc - Arrive
19. Madvillain - Figaro (Madlib Remix)
20. Homeliss Derelix - Survivin' the Game
21. Lootpack - Whenimondamic
22. Gary Wilson - Gary's in the park
23. Stark Reality - Comrades & Dreams
(Wolf's Stones Throw 101 mix)
24. Mr. Magic - Coast to Coast (Edan Edit)
25. Funkaho - Bootay
1. J Rocc - Stones Throw Ten Years Mix
In literary news, Chuck Palahniuk of Fight Club fame, is realeasing his 10th book entitled "Rage: An Oral Biography of Buster Casey" on the first of May. Those of you familiar with his words can appreciate the time it takes him to write and release each novel.
His last book that I read "Choke" depicts a young man who pretends to choke in well-to-do restaurants just to have other patrons save his life, sort of speak. By doing this he gives these patrons a feeling of excitement as they save a human life. He also gains their trust through this, giving him the ability to pin sob stories of his life upon them as he casually asks them for money for his unpaid "bills" at the anniversary of each life saving date. Pretty ballsy, right? He then begins to believe he is the ancient ancestor of the "Jesus", yes that right I said "the" Jesus. Good book.
In event news, the cats over at Okayplayer and Waxpoetics are putting together a tribute event for the late great, J Dilla titled "Donuts are Forever". The party will be held at Galapagos Art Space in Willamsburg, Brooklyn. Admission is free but all donations will be given to Ms. Maureen Yancy, so dig deep! A crate full of DJs will be on hand in two different rooms spinning tunes and the infamous Pharoahe Monch will be on hand making sure that the evenings festivities move with flow. D-Day is February 10th, so you have plenty of warning to get the greyhound warmed up and help pay tribute to one of Brooklyns finest.